10 January 2012

Giddy anticipation!

Well, we're still about a week out from a site start, but I'm feeling so giddy about the whole new house build thing, you'd think it was my first time!

I seem to be in a bit of a fluster about whether everything we've chosen is right, if the room configurations are right, and of course, how we'll eat whilst paying rent and interest payments!!

I received some blind fabric samples in the post last night, so today's job will be to have a bit of a play around with them.  Hopefully I'll be able to write a 'decision made' post tomorrow.



Amongst all the giddiness, I am taking a moment to pause and reflect on the events of this time last year, so close to home.  We were not directly affected, but will always remember the way that our town was, quite literally, turned upside down in January 2011.

I hope you're enjoying this taste of summer!





ETA: Five seconds after hitting 'publish' our Site Supervisor called to organise our Site Start Meeting on the 20th!  I won't be there, but I'm sure Husband will handle it!!

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to your "decision made" post tomorrow :))))

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a whole year since the floods! Thinking of Queenslanders:)
    The start is so exciting! And so many choices still ahead of you...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and join in the fun. Advice and feedback are always welcome!