29 May 2012

There's a hole in our yard...

...Dear Liza, dear Liza.

Today, excavation started on our much awaited and longed-for swimming pool.  Thank goodness, too, as it has just started to rain!!

Early morning start

View from the bottom left 
View from the (future) deck


Thanks for all the words of support and encouragement on my last post.  My mum came over the next day and helped me sort out the Lounge Room, which gave me a much needed kick in the pants/morale boost.  I've also done a little more styling, but the photos I've taken just aren't telling the story I want them to.  I think the key is that we really need to sort some art for the walls.  That ain't gonna happen in a hurry, given the project above, though.

Having said all that, I continue to marvel at the beauty of the home we are creating.  I really, truly love so many elements of it and am so happy to be here.

I hope you're all well!


8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are back on track for you. After all of the excitement I am sure it is normal to have days when you are just blah! and it doesn't want to come together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish we could get a pool too - that is exactly the shape / size I would love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up hope, Em! It's taken us a long time to get the right house and the right block to even fit a pool in the yard, but we're finally there!!! Mx

      Delete
  3. OOOoh how exciting! A new pool, that will be fantastic! It's going to look lovely! Glad you are feeling back on track, I think I am going to experience the exact same thing, there are going to be soooo many things that I want to be able to do when we move in, but I just have to accept that I can't do it all at once. Looking forward to more piccies :-) Glad to hear you are happy in your beautiful new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! I don't want to decorate it just for the sake of decorating it, and there are only 24 hours in a day, so it will take a while. I've accepted that now, and am just happy to be living here!!! Mx

      Delete
  4. Maybe some cheap canvases painted by yourself of ur daughter ??? Bit of abstract colour until budget permits what u want???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, HMB. The kids are in the process of doing this for their rooms and the playroom. I'm just a bit useless at actually knowing what I want at the moment!!! Mx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment and join in the fun. Advice and feedback are always welcome!