However, I am also wary that I share the room with a man, so I don't want the space to be too feminine. I think that would just be nasty.
So, with all that in mind, here are a few pictures that I keep coming back to whenever I think of our little haven (conveniently located at the opposite end of the house to the minor bedrooms).
|Our bedroom in the old house. Furniture will be staying. Lamps may move to Guest Room. Undecided on artwork at this stage.|
Little person will be refused entry!
I love the configuration of the windows and doors in this shot. Will explain further later...
Husband is going to build a little retreat outside our bedroom. It will be a.mazing!
- Dark wall behind bed, and maybe even darker walls for the whole room.
- Same bed and bedside tables as in the old house
- Tall floor mirrors behind bedside tables (I am currently considering the Hemnes from Ikea, but need ideas on frame colour - maybe that will be another post)
- Door/window configuration will be as above, leading to the outdoor retreat, covered with some lush curtains and/or roman blinds
- A beautiful, relaxing alfresco retreat with pergola
What are your 'must haves' in a Master Bedroom?
Hope you're having a great week.